These 12 interesting facts will either make you the person that everybody likes or the person that everyone stays away from.
1. A Face without Muscles
2. Small Animals Experience Time Much Slower than Humans
Time does not flow the same way for humans and animals. Scientists discovered that smaller animals have a short lifespan, so they experience time much slower than humans.
3. Disney Was Kind of Supporting the Nazi Party
4. The Tiny Pink Flesh in the Corner of Your Eyes
This tiny pink thing in the corner of your eyes is called the Plica Semilunaris. It is a rudimentary gift of evolution, back from the times when we had inner eyelids… They were similar to what birds have today.
5. The Green Mirrors
6. The Best Spacesuit
Companies that make spacesuits and aerospace tech wanted to compete and find out who could come up with the best spacesuit for NASA. Playtex was the company who won the challenge. They invented the suit in six weeks.
7. Platypus Can Actually Make a Delicious Dessert
8. There Is No Chicken Salmonella in United Kingdom
It’s almost impossible to get salmonella from chicken in the UK. If you actually get it, it would mean that the bird wasn’t born and raised there, because all of UK’s chickens must be given a vaccine against the bacteria.
9. The Population Decline in Ireland
10. The Bachelor T-Shirt
The gentlemen of the early 20th century could not be bothered to keep resewing the buttons on their shirts. So, in 1904, the T-shirt was invented. Just the following year, the navy ordered them for their officers.
11. Electric Cars Are Not Such a Modern Invention
12. You Can Never Plunge into a Memory When You Were Born
Our long term memory doesn’t develop until much later, so, we’ll never be able to remember the moments right after we were born.