The disasters of Mother Nature are often unexpected, and they cannot be prevented. They can cause severe damage while taking the lives of many people. Several tornadoes occur in the United States per year, and they are quite common all over the world, especially in Bangladesh. Check out the top 10 deadliest twisters that have ever been recorded.
1. May 13, 1996: Mirzapur-Madarganj, Bangladesh, 700 Fatalities
2. April 17, 1973: Manikganj, Singair and Nawabganj, Bangladesh, 681 Fatalities
Bangladesh has the highest number of tornadoes in the world. This tornado destroyed most of the area, including a whole village and 9 other towns.
3. 1951/1956: Valetta, Malta, 600 Fatalities
4. March 18, 1925: Missouri, Illinois and Indiana, 750 Fatalities
5. April 1, 1977: Madaripur-Shibchar, Bangladesh, 500 Fatalities
500 People died and hundreds were injured by this deadly tornado. It completely destroyed this area of Bangladesh and destroyes countless homes, trees and buildings in these villages.
6. April 11, 1964: Narail-Magura, Bangladesh, 500 Fatalities
7. December 8, 1851: Sicily, 500 Fatalities
This disaster happened more than a century ago in Sicily, back when the smaller states weren’t even united as Italy, the country we know today.
8. April 26, 1989: Daulatpur-Salturia, Bangladesh, 1,300 Fatalities
9. April 14, 1969: East Pakistan, 660 Fatalities
10. 1951, Comoro Islands: Africa, 500 Fatalities
Very little is known about this tornado, except for the fact that it killed 500 people who lived on this archipelago in 1951.