There are many things that can leave someone breathless, aside from grinding out a triathlon or spending time at high altitudes. The sight of a bride on her wedding day may take the breath from a groom-to-be.
But sometimes it’s not a life event at all, but the mere sight of something awe-inspiring. You stand before it, a chill comes over you and your breath becomes shallow and measured. One can only imagine the early settlers making their way across the world, discovering unknown places for the first time. The feeling they must have gotten is likely similar to what a modern tourist might feel when faced with that same breathtaking vista. The Giza Pyramids makes the cut on our list, along with nine other beautiful views from the top of famous landmarks around the globe.
1. View from the top of Giza Pyramids, Egypt
2. View from the top of Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
3. Sunset v, USA
4. View from the top of Burj Khalifa, Dubai
5. View from the top of Shard, London, England
6. View on Niagara Falls from the top of Skylon Tower, Canada
8.San Francisco, USA